This is a perfect choice for the malt extract brewer who would like to mill their steeping grains the day of the brew. Fresh cracked grain results in fresher flavors in your beer. Cracking your grain also allows you to buy in quantities, have grain on hand, and design your own recipes on the fly.
While this mill could be used by all-grain brewers, who mill 10 to 15 pounds of grain per batch, it is not ideal for that purpose. In those cases we suggest a larger mill, such as our MILL400. For those brewers who have been around the block and know about the old Corona Mill, which looks similar to this mill, they are not the same! We put this mill through several tests on both function and grind quality before deciding to sell it.
- The mill runs off of two plates grinding together to crush the grain
- It is fully adjustable to allow for coarse or fine grinds
- Clamps easily to most tables
- Hopper holds about 1 pound
- Easily rotating wood handle
- While the mill handle is removable, hooking up a drill or motor is not recommended nor needed.