This professional level two stage heat exchanger is designed to handle chilling for up to 15 bbl batches. Tap water is run through the first stage for the initial temperature drop and then glycol is recirculated through the second stage to lower the wort temp further. The chiller comes with 37 plates and provides 3 m² or 32.2 ft² of cooling area.
When chilling, expect to use your batch size worth of tap water and your batch size worth of chilled liquor.
MB may have developed these chillers with brewers in mind, but heat exchangers are commonly used in a wide range of food production and industrial applications.
Food & Drink Manufacturing:
- Beer: beer, wort
- Wine: rice wine, wine, etc.
- Dairy: milk, milk powder, milk beverages, yogurt, etc.
- Vegetable protein beverages: peanut milk, milk tea, soy milk, soy milk drinks, etc.
- Fruit drinks: fresh juice, juice tea, etc.
- Tea drinks: beverages of tea, aloes, fruit & vegetables, etc.
- Seasonings: soy sauce, rice vinegar, tomato juice, sweet and pungent sauces, etc.
Industrial Liquids Processing:
- Pharmaceutical production
- HVAC thermal exchange
- Chemical industry
- Power stations, heating for swimming and bathing
- Domestic hot water
- Geothermal utilization
- Environmental protection
- Refrigeration, etc.